Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eyes in the Back of Your Head
I just read an article about an assistant arts professor at New York State University. The article said that the professor Wafaa Bilal is going to have surgery in three weeks to have a camera installed in the back of his head. The thumbnail sized camera will be in his head for one year and it will take still pictures at one minute intervals which will be fed to monitors in a museum in Qatar.  
This project is only one of his bodily sacrifices for art. He also has a tattoo on his back of Iraq. On the map of Iraq there is 5,000 red dots representing the 5,000 American deaths, there is also 100,000 dots, representing the Iraqi casualties tattooed in UV ink that is invisible unless under a black light. The Iraqi casualties are tattooed in invisible ink because most of the casualties are not heard of here in America.
After reading the article there was a link to comments made by other readers, after reading the comments I found myself agreeing with most of them on both sides. Some people said the man was crazy for getting this camera installed into his head. I have to agree with those comments because I think it is a little out there. Some people said that he should just wear a hat with a camera on the back of it, but I think that takes away from what Bilal is trying to accomplish. Other people thought that the Bilal’s idea was awesome and creative and I have to agree with that, not many people have probably thought of this. I do think alot of moms out there are going to find themselves wanting a camera in the back of their heads to so they can bust their mischievous kids.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I would go this far. Sounds crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete