Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Multivitamins: Yes or No

I recently read an article about multivitamins and whether or not they actually work. For many years now I have heard people talking about taking multivitamins and about how they are supposed to prevent diseases and make you healthier over all.  Lately there have been many different studies on multivitamins that tested many different aspects of multivitamins. The tests all tested different things like different aged subjects, different diseases, and other effects from multivitamins. The tests all showed little to none prevention of diseases and some studies actually showed that some multivitamins may actually cause harm.
I myself have never taken multivitamins, I figure that I am going to get sick every now and then just like everybody else so why waste money on something that won’t help anyways. I think that some people put too much belief in multivitamins; I just don’t know why anyone would bother to put those pills in their body anyways. After reading the article it just made me not want to take multivitamins even more.

Mahoney, By Sarah. "Time to Kick the Multivitamin Habit, Studies Suggest - Health - Diet and Nutrition - Msnbc.com." Breaking News, Weather, Business, Health, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Travel, Science, Technology, Local, US & World News- Msnbc.com. Web. 03 Nov. 2010. <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39616169/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition>.


1 comment:

  1. I have taken multivitamins before per my doctor. However, I didn't really take them long enough to feel the effects of them. I didn't stop taking them for any specifi reason, I just forgot most of the time.

    ReplyDelete